Domain Authority vs Page Authority
“Authority is a qualitative measure of any web property that significantly affects the property’s overall visibility and rankings in search engines.”
There are a number of different, specific measures of authority, both direct and indirect. For example, one of the best known has been “PageRank,” an algorithm created by Google and designed to measure the quality and authority of a specific web page based on the number, quality, and relevance of links pointing to it.
How Is Domain Authority and Page Authority Calculated?
Moz cumulates a lot of link metrics together to generate Domain Authority Score.
- Link counts
- MozTrust and many more factors are considered for determining Domain Authority score.
Moz uses a machine learning model to aggregate more than 40 different factors to determine the rankability of domains.
How to Improve Domain Authority And Page Authority
- Try to add a good number of high quality inbound links in your website. You can have these on any page in your domain. Make use of open site explorer Moz for high quality inbound links.
- Make sure the different pages in your website are linked to each other internally.
- Get rid of low quality links.
- Don’t indulge in Black Hat SEO!
- Make sure your domain has high quality content in it.
Strategies to increase page authority scores are similar as both Domain authority and Page authority are calculated based on similar algorithms. Let’s see some of them.
- Make sure the page is created on a domain with a high domain authority score.
- Your page should have high quality, original and SEO optimized content.
- Ambient number of high quality inbound links – both from external sources as well as from other pages in the same domain.
- Avoid low quality links.
Need a helping hand to boost your domain or page authority? Click here to get in touch today!